Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Sad Wreck at the Continental Divide







Not much I want to say about this wreck, except that a 4 year old boy was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected. His head and face took the impact of the windshield and the pavement. We were 2nd on scene. I stayed and took care of him for the hour it took for life flight to get there. (Rural, so took a long time.) I could not even tell what he looked like. However, his one year old sister who was seatbelted, was fine and still beautiful as she ate her Cheerios in someone's warm van....Janet heard on the news that night that this little boy suffered traumatic brain injury....SEATBELTS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

jay are said...

that is just so so awful. Is there any way to find out any update? I wonder if there would be a way to contact local news there or something. Maybe it's better not to know. So sad.

parose said...

How sad...but an important warning. I can't believe anyone doesn't wear a seat belt these days...but I guess there are still some people! These kinds of things stay in the mind for a long time...perhaps forever. It was good that you were able to stay with the little boy.

Phyllis said...

What a tragedy. Lucky you were there to help out. I can't imagine people taking a chance by not using their seatbelt. Have you heard any more about it?