Saturday, August 4, 2007

The End of Time According to Byron

Well, Jared was telling Byron today about the time when Jesus comes back....and Jared said "Our bodies will rise up out of the graves and go meet Jesus in the clouds"...and Byron said w/ an incredulous look...."WHAT? You mean without our heads?????"

Which reminds me of another Byron story. He's been talking quite a bit about Jesus dying in the clouds and then God will destroy the earth (OK, so he's got some of his stories crossed), and so one day, he and I went on a walk. He kept picking up progressively larger rocks, till it was quite a big rock he was toting around. He kept trying to throw it higher and higher and suddenly he stopped, looked up, and said, "I'd better be careful, because if I throw it into the clouds, I might hit Jesus, and then Jesus would say "What? Who hit me w/ a rock? And I'd have to say Whoops, sorry Jesus!" Anyway, kids are so funny in their perception of things. We were just talking yesterday how funny it is that he still thinks heaven is the mortuary "because that's where people go when they die".... When I told him there is no sadness in heaven, he looked at me like I was crazy, and said "What? Mom, at heaven at the funeral home EVERYBODY is crying!" Yes, in a kid's mind, that IS where you go when you die!

0 comments: