Monday, August 13, 2007

A Day on the Lake



We went boating on Saturday. We got up early and went to a big lake about 1 1/2 hours away from us. The weather was beautiful, and we had a great time.







Byron doesn't like to tube yet (he just hasn't gotten brave enough) so he spends almost all his time on the boat...and his 3 favorite things to do are.....eat, chew on ice, and sleep! He was always asking for snacks (I always said yes!), and then we looked over and he had the lid off the cooler and was thoroughly enjoying chewing on ice...never mind that sometimes the big chunk of ice he was chewing on would slip out and back into the cooler!
And as always,he tuckered out by the end of the day and fell asleep...this time face down in the bow!


Trent and Jared love to be on the tube. Robert and I each had to take a ride, too, of course!




Trent did end up w/ a shiner. He was trying to water ski and took a tumble....and the ski as it came back down hit him right in the eye! I think next time he'll probably have success skiing....this time he was able to get up nearly every time, but just couldn't keep in the upright position!! So once he gets his balance, I think he'll be good to go!

I love the way that Jared tubes.... a lot of time his head is way down, and those arms are hanging over in that awkward position.. I tell him he looks like a spider in there because it looks like big spider legs coming out! Sometimes he totally tucks in so that you can't even see him...then he pops out...it is so cute.
It just didn't seem right w/o Lauren and Sandy there! We missed them!


What a big smile....



We thought this was a neat bridge. The kids liked going underneath it!




This was the little cove we stopped and swam in. There were no boats around, so we just parked it in the middle, jumped out and swam for quite awhile...took Byron a bit to get brave enough, knowing it was deep, but soon he joined in. We had our own private little lake!

2 comments:

Sara M. said...

Robert and Elaine- I have been "Lurking" at your site for a couple of weeks. I came across it on a friend's friend's blog. Actually, I saw Janice and LC in Butte on Saturday with the two youngest girls, we were just on our way back from vacation! It was a chance meeting. I have been moved to Howard and Donna's meeting, so hopefully I will see you more- Sara "Schlemmer" Mahoney

Anonymous said...

Boating, tubing, skiing. What fun! Those boys are having fun. After many years, I tried skiing on Fort Peck Dam. I made it. When I crawled into the boat our youngest son, who is married, had that very pleased look. Yes, Mom, great job. He had never seen me ski. That look was worth the effort. The next year
when I skied, the water was so cold, it took my breath away before I could start getting ready. I got up again. Mom-3--6