Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Missing: A Bottom Tooth!


Byron lost his first tooth the other day! We were sitting in a restaurant, and it started to bleed. It was close to being out, so I asked him if he wanted me to pull it. He very willingly opened his mouth to me. I got it right out, and then he said, Actually, Mom, I think it will hurt. I said, It's already out! He was amazed! It was very exciting. They gave us a little container to take it home in. He wished that they would come and sing "Happy Happy Birthday, From the Tooth Fairy" to him! (No, it' s not his birthday, but you know how they sing for you on your birthday). And alas, the tooth fairy that comes to this house is stingy....I hear from school, that a lot of kids get 20 bucks per tooth. Brother!!! My kids look at me with very quizzical expressions when I tell them I feel sorry for those kids for being so spoiled!

3 comments:

Dim and Jana said...

What a great story about losing your first tooth! I love it. Amazing about the $20 a tooth business... wow. Isn't it a nickel??? :)

Anonymous said...

AWWW he lost his first tooth...i remember loosing mine. I was at the hospitle. It was the day after kendra was born. Mom pulled it out and the nurse gave me a container and I got grape juice. I felt so special! HA HA HA I was 5 too!!

Kelsey

Wrena said...

Just poping in .... Cute tooth less smile! Must admit the most I have given my daughter that has lost several of her teeth is a silver dollar. Is that to much? We thought it was fun! Did your tooth fairy make it by? Have a great day - Friends in snowy Ut.